SOURCE: MATT STEVENS/PIPELINE BIKE PARK
ANOTHER INDOOR 4X SEASON WITH PIPELINE
Doors open at 4:30pm, Gate Drops at 8:10.
The first indoor track is a week old and ready to rock for Pipeline’s 1st indoor 4x race of the winter season. Racing is bound to be hotter than a black bike seat on a hot summer day as the Pros, Women, Opens, and Juniors hit the track for some great 4x mountain bike racing.
All the Pros who rocked last years series will be back with a vengeance.
Experience Cycling, Long time Pipeline sponsor and awesome bike shop has started initial Pro Purse at $250 bucks and will grow with every pro entry throughout the series. Bring your buddies to race the top class and the pro purse will grow even faster. One third of every pro entry will go towards the Pro Purse.
And for you guys in the Open Class, Kona Bikes has stepped it up for the 08 season and are giving away a frame that rocked the Dual Slalom/4x world with it’s introduction. A Small Kona Dudu Frame and Fox rear shock will be given away to the points leader in the Open Class at the end of the series.
The Sponsor list is growing for the 07-08 series as Dincus Apparel joins Fox Racing Inc, Experience Cycling, and Kona Bikes as other industry support comes rolling in to build the sport of 4x.
A Couple of Notes to remember before Wednesday’s Series Kickoff:
1)BMX Safety rules apply. Full Face Helmets, Covered Arms (Jersey or pads), Covered Legs (Pants or pads) and gloves are required. If you don’t have a full face, let us know. We may be able to help.
2) Races are held at Abbotsford Indoor BMX. Directions can be found HERE
3) Race will be set up as a 3 moto mixed qualifier followed by elimination rounds, mains, and consolation rounds. This means you’re guaranteed at least
3 races per entry.
4) There are 4 official classes: Pro, Open, Women, and Juniors. This may change depending on how many entries we have. If you’re under 12, new to the sport, or whatever, Don’t Worry! We’ll have a competitive, yet fun class for you. Series Points will be based on your class, not who you end up racing.
5) PLEASE BRING A NUMBER PLATE. There’s a special prize on Wednesday for those riders who really love regulated boring number plates. A pair of Kona Wah Wah pedals will be given to the rider who displays the BEST number plate. Be creative! Speed holes, Graphics, Gigantic Fig Newton decals, whatever… Letters instead of numbers? Sure! As long as the plate has 1-3 characters. Do it.
6) Riders who sign up for a Pipeline Membership can only practice at the Abbotsford Indoor on the Wednesdays we have the track reserved. If you want to ride more at this awesome venue, please support your local track and buy a full membership. Special rates apply for 07 AND 08 memberships.
7) Be Safe out there! Block passes and lane changes get really tight when the racing goes indoor. If you’re racing Pro, the racing will be tight, but no one out there is racing to take anyone down. Don’t take it personal if you get run high or blocked, you just got caught in a bad spot. Shake hands across the line, and please speak to the organizer if you feel your claim deserves a protest.
8) 4x Bike Requirements: Bike MUST conform to TWO of the following: 26″
Wheels, Front Suspension, or Shifting Gears. 4x is a sport ridden on mountain bikes. Try and keep your bike looking like one.
9) The track came together really nicely. We’ll be using the 07 CCA/NBL gate call until Abbotsford’s system gets updated to include the new UCI random gate call standard. Pics of the track can be found in the gallery. Please get as much practice as possible before you race.
10) Points Breakdown is as follows:
1st Place – 6 pts
2nd Place – 4 pts
3rd Place – 3 pts
4th Place – 2 pts
5th Place – 2 pts
6th Place – 1 pt
Everyone who shows up to the race gets at least 1 point, so even if you’re not a contender for the title, it’s still worth hitting all the races to gather points towards the final. We also award the same points for 4th and 5th to award the rider who worked their butt off to win the consolation round. If you don’t make the main, it’s still worth the effort.
Pro – $15 per race ($5 goes back into the pro purse) Open Women – $12 per race Open Men – $12 per race Junior – $12 per race
Pipeline Membership (the balance of 2007 and ALL of 2008) – $60 Pipeline Membership (Assoc Membership – if you’re part of another club) – $10 (per year) Pipeline Membership if you have a full UCI Licence – $2 (per year)
Any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
And remember: 100% of proceeds goes back to the park to help buy equipment, put on these events and give everyone a local place to ride. 100% Volunteer.
The dirt’s gonna fly on Wednesday night!